ECS was founded in 2006 to provide heavy equipment leasing services to the energy infrastructure industry. In February of 2009, ECS broadened its service offerings and expanded its market focus to become an industry leading turnkey provider of EHV transmission line engineering and construction. As part of this expansion, the Company formed its construction related professional service providers, AT Power, T&D Power, and Energy Environmental Group. In 2011, ECS completed its merger with MasTec, Inc. (NYSE: MTZ), a leading and certified minority controlled specialty contractor for utilities, energy and communications companies. This merger further expands ECS’ highly creditable financial position in the EHV transmission and substation arena, and MasTec’s differentiating minority status further provides ECS’ clients an important value-added 100% contribution to their yearly minority spend goals. The merger also positions ECS as a platform company within MasTec, retaining our name, innovative culture, and operating structure.
- Industry leading SAFETY results and risk management
- Transparency and least cost to the rate payer
- Expedited scheduling which ensures the lines enter the rate base most quickly, reducing construction financing and increasing rate of return
- Aggressive liquidated damages and financial performance contract terms
- Bonding capacity and financial strength allows ECS to participate in larger transmission segments, resulting in cost effective construction synergies.
- Labor availability enhanced by an ECS sponsored site-specific journeyman line technician training program
The management and principals have positioned ECS to grow rapidly by gaining market share throughout the Company’s service offering. A well-recognized reputation for superior performance along with significantly higher levels of projected capital investment in new and upgraded EHV electrical infrastructure provide the foundation for future growth. Further, the current inadequate electrical grid, the lack of access to new renewable energy generation in remote areas coupled with limited credible competitors and scarcity of experienced management talent, create a tremendous opportunity for ECS to generate extraordinary returns in a limited period in the EHV transmission and substation arena.
At ECS we pride ourselves on our commitment to safety and a safe work environment. ECS currently has ZERO Lost Time man-days.