At ECS we pride ourselves on our commitment to safety and a safe work environment. ECS is a safety driven organization, relentless in our commitment that safety is #1 with the goal of an accident free work place. Our safety program defines safety management systems to effectively implement the jobsite safety program which further defines individual responsibilities. We hold our subcontractors and alliance partners to the same safety standards and will provide “Electrical Safety Awareness Training” and other safety related programs their employees may require.
Safety is a key element and paramount of importance in the goal of an accident free work place. The most valuable asset is “Our Employees”. All employees entering our company will take part in our industry unique “Mentoring Program”. A mentor will coach the mentored in developing specific skills that will enhance the less-experienced person’s growth and safety culture of our organization.
ECS Safety Council
The ECS Safety Council was established to increase the overall safety and health program by reducing injuries and their related costs. The committee, which is comprised of representatives from both the field and management, is doing this by increasing safety communication, raising awareness, and proactively preventing accidents through major activities, including:
- conducting regular safety audits of ECS facilities
- investigating accidents and complaints regarding safety and health hazards, first-aid situations, work-injury and illness records, and near misses to look for causes and areas for improvement
- recommending training to improve safety awareness and practices
- conducting outreach activities to raise employee awareness, promote suggestions and feedback
- making recommendations for improving safety and health at ECS facilities
Our Safety Council meets a minimum of once a quarter, including TDP field safety reviews, led by the chair, Jim Haunty.
|Incident frequency rate||EMR|
|2008: ECS 0||2008: ECS 1.0|
|2009: ECS 0||2009: ECS 1.0|
|2010: ECS 0||2010: ECS 0.96
|2011: ECS 1.09||2011: ECS 0.81
|2012: ECS 1.25||2012: ECS 0.68
|2013: ECS 1.09||2013: ECS 0.68